HUBER Sludgecleaner STRAINPRESS®
Coarse material separator for municipal and industrial sludge and process water
- Screening, dewatering and discharge in one working process
- Continuous coarse material separation under pressure
The STRAINPRESS® is a horizontal pipe-shaped coarse material separator which consists of inlet and driving zone, screening and press zone and finally a discharge section with a conical pressure regulating device. The coarse material is separated continuously under pressure and periodical cleaning of the screening zone by backwashing is not required.
- Coarse material screening and dewatering to approx. 45 % DS content
- Closed pipework system
- Pressure-fed system (in-line) for any type of sludge including viscous and grease containing sludge
- Reduces plant operation and maintenance costs and increases the operating reliability of downstream sludge treatment systems, such as thickening, digestion, dewatering, hygienisation, drying, etc.
- Perforations of 0.4 to 10 mm for solids/liquid separation also in industrial applications
- Throughput capacity of up to 110 m³/h for sludge, up to 200 m³/h for process water
- Reliable perforated plate cleaning without the need for any external water and without brushes, no backflushing required
- Automatic pressure cone system for maximum dewatering efficiency
- More than 1,000 installations worldwide
The Advantages of the HUBER Sludgecleaner STRAINPRESS®
- The STRAINPRESS® system can be integrated in a closed pipeline system.
- Screening, dewatering and transport of the coarse material in one operation.
- No second pump is required for the screened sludge owing to the closed and compact in-line system.
- Continuous coarse material separation under pressure with a loss of pressure between 0.4 and 0.6 bar
- Washing off sludge or backwashing is not necessary.
- The horizontally moveable screw can be re-adjusted to ensure continuously perfect screen cleaning.
- Fully-automatic continuous or intermittent operation.
- Little space required, easy subsequent installation into the pipeline.
- Insensitive to varying feed volumes or coarse material structures
- The automatic pressure requlating conus ensures uniform dewatering even with strongly varying coarse material quality and concentration.
- When handling sludges with heavily varying DS and coarse material content, the pressing screw starts to work in dependence of the operating pressure (filter cake resistance).
- Brochure: HUBER Sludgecleaner STRAINPRESS® [pdf, 424 KB]