Franchising in the water sector: We take on responsibility.
Solutions are urgently needed. We have them.
Many emerging and most developing countries do not yet have sufficient water management. Opportunity costs are enormous due to diseases, reduced life expectancy and low economic performance and amount to a multiple of the globally granted development aid.
Investments in the water sector are self-financing as through macroeconomic cost savings. Unfortunately, there is no money for necessary investments.
Global Water Franchise Agency (GWFA) substantially contributes to the promotion and quick implementation of urgently required water projects, meeting at the same time economical and ecological requirements.
GWFA offers services in the field of water and addresses a wide spectrum of customers. Their aim is to find the best suitable offer for the existing demand and implement projects through long-term cooperation based on mutual trust between local decision makers and international experts.
Read more about GWFA and the benefits of their franchise concept for the water sector on www.waterfranchise.com.
Water franchise is the solution …
- Technology: … if mature technology is not locally available.
- Financing: … if banks hesitate to finance projects because local companies cannot provide requested references.
- Cost Efficiency: … to reduce project costs because the applied technology can be used for many projects.
- Speed: … because the required technology is quickly available and ready to use due to the standardised organisational and financial structure of franchising.
- Quality: … because cheap solutions turn out to be expensive in the long run. Quality has its price but saves costs in the long run through durable efficiency and reliability. Good solutions are efficient and economical in the medium and long term. After all, sustainability is what it’s all about.
- Strengthening of local companies through making available global resources and experience
- Local companies can gather know-how and management experience through cooperation with strong international partners.
- They learn the methodology of project management from planning to commissioning and the importance of service with a long-term orientation.
- Franchising means mutual support and cooperation on a basis of mutual trust with the aim to develop a sustainably fruitful cooperation.
- Franchising offers the customer the guarantee to get a plant that exactly meets his specific requirements and is efficient and cost-effective also in the long run
From a traditional model...
“International players“ are commissioned especially for the implementation of challenging and complex projects in developing countries. The contractor supplies engineering services and components to the customer, usually a water, wastewater, waste or industrial company. Frequently, the contractor is also commissioned to guarantee operation for a defined time. To save costs, the contractor commissions local subcontractors to build, install and operate the equipment.
… to a modern franchise concept
The GWFA franchise model turns around the conditions: The client commissions a local company. Their deep knowledge of the local situation represents a great advantage in project implementation. The client primarily deals with this local partner and costs are reduced. But as local companies in most cases lack the know-how and resources required to successfully implement a project on their own, they need an experienced international partner, a franc
hisor. The franchisor will support the franchisee offering him technical, commercial, organisational and financial solutions.
It is consequently a partnership that bundles the strengths of the parties involved for their mutual success – a win-win situation. A project processed in accordance with GWFA specifications offers not only the conventional guarantee that the supplied plant meets the specification requirements but is also able to deliver or even exceed the required performance for a long time and not only until expiry of warranty.
Three strong partners stand behind GWFA, all of them with a high reputation in water management, who already have implemented numerous projects in the fields of water supply and wastewater disposal, worldwide:
Remondis Group - one of the worlds largest environmental and water service providers.
HUBER SE - internationally leading manufacturer of machines and systems for wastewater and sludge treatment, water processing and process engineering.
Prof.Dr.Ing.Dr.rer.pol.K.-U. Rudolph GmbH - consulting specialists known as top driver of innovations, whenever it comes to “water and money”, efficient water engineering and financing models.