HUBER ClearOnSite® Solution for Decentralized Wastewater Treatment and Reuse
Where large buildings and building complexes (e.g. hotels 2000 , office buildings, shopping malls, service areas, resorts, etc.) can not easily be connected to a centralized sewer system and treatment plant, wastewater must be treated on-site. But lack of space often impedes installation of a conventional wastewater treatment plant.
We developed our HUBER Solution ClearOnSite® particularly in view of such difficult cases.
Depending on the wastewater flow, we either use an ultra fine screen or our ROTAMAT® Micro Strainer Screw Screen for mechanical pre-treatment. After intermediate storage for flow and freight balancing, the wastewater is forwarded to our very compact membrane bio-reactor (MBR) for full-biological treatment, our HUBER smartMBR for water recycling for green buildings. All solids and bacteria are retained within the bio-reactor. Biomass (activated sludge) growing in the bio-reactor is supplied with oxygen by air diffusion.
The permeate effluent is of outstanding quality, in compliance with the European Bathing Water Directive, and can be discharged without reservation, even into sensitive waters, or reused as service water (see also our HUBER Solutions for Wastewater Reuse).
Washed and dewatered screenings are disposed of as solid waste. Surplus sludge (biomass) is removed in intervals of several months. Since the sludge is aerobically stabilized, it can be land applied as fertilizer and for soil improvement.
Advantages of the HUBER Solution ClearOnSite®
- Inexpensive due to use of standardized components
- Little construction work due to the plants’ compactness ; pre-assembled for fast and easy site installation
- Solids and bacteria are retained by our ultra-filtration membranes
- Outstanding effluent quality permits discharge into sensitive waters
- Effluent is reusable as service water (e.g. for irrigation, toilet flushing and laundry washing)
- Easy to use due to simple control systems
- Sturdy and reliable operation
- Responsive, dependable and preventive maintenance with Service Contract